June 4, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (47)


This week's topic is
Top Ten Books Featuring Travel in Some Way

Not all travel is created equal.  Is there any way to compare a great road trip to the experience of travelling through space and time?  I don't think so.  Because of this, I've done travel story superlatives this week instead of just a straight up list.


Amy & Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson
My favorite part of Amy & Roger, besides the great story of course, is that it is filled with souvenirs and playlists from the road.
Wherever Nina Lies - Lynn Weingarten
A hot guy, a mysteriously missing sibling, and a road trip - what more could you ask for?


The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - Jennifer E. Smith
Two strangers meet in an airport, become seat mates on an overnight trip to London, and have a deeper effect on each others lives than they mean to.  Oh, and Oliver has a really cute accent too.


Tempest - Julie Cross
If I think too much about time travel it makes my head hurt, but somehow this book doesn't.  I enjoy the time travel laws in this world and it's full of awesome action scenes.


Requiem - Lauren Oliver
I feel like in many dystopias there is no other option to get places but to walk and the conclusion to the Delirium trilogy is no different.  Lena and her group make an epic journey to take their last stand that is really only the beginning.
The 5th Wave - Rick Yancey
Just think about how awful it would be to have to run from aliens and their advanced technology on foot.  Pretty much the worst.


Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell
Eleanor and Park get to know each other on their bus rides to and from school every day.  It's the only place they can be somewhat alone and the place that they fall in love.


Divergent - Veronica Roth
There's something very badass about getting places by jumping off a moving train.  You go Dauntless.
The Harry Potter series - J.K. Rowling
The Hogwarts Express is the bomb.  Where my chocolate frog cards at?


James and the Giant Peach - Roald Dahl
I mean, he literally travels around in a GIANT PEACH.

I can't wait to see how you guys took on the topic this week!

1 comment:

  1. I seriously considered Requiem too. But Amy & Roger are just the best! I like how you included Eleanor & Park and Harry Potter too... clever!

    ReplyDelete