July 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (52)


This week's topic is
Okay, so it was beginnings/endings, but I'm going to stick with beginnings this time.  Also I love quotes, so you're just getting the opening lines.

1. Tiger Lily - Jodi Lynn Anderson
"Let me tell you something straight off.  This is a love story, but not like any you've heard.  The boy and girl are far from innocent.  Dear lives are lost.  And good doesn't win.  In some places, there is something ultimately good about endings.  In Neverland, that is not the case."

2. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson
"But I think it fair to warn you, all those songs about California lied."

3. If I Stay - Gayle Forman
"Everyone thinks it was because of the snow."

4. The Disenchantments - Nina LaCour
"Bev says when she's on stage she feels the world holding it's breath for her."

5. I Hunt Killers - Barry Lyga
"It was a beautiful day.  It was a beautiful field.  Except for the body."

6. Delirium - Lauren Oliver
"The most dangerous sicknesses are those that make us believe we're well. - Proverb 42, The Book of Shhh"

7. Insurgent - Veronica Roth
"I wake with his name in my mouth."

8. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - Jennifer E. Smith
"There are so many ways it coud have turned out differently."

9. Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins
"Here is everything I know about France: Madeline and Amélie and Moulin Rouge."

10. The Evolution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin
"You will love him to ruins."


No comments:

Post a Comment