April 21, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (81)


This week's topic is top ten all time favorite authors.  Wow, harsh.  Okay, here are my picks in no particular order...

1. Meg Cabot
Must reads: THE PRINCESS DIARIES SERIES, Size 12 is Not Fat, Jynx


2. Holly Black
Must reads: THE CURSEWORKERS SERIES, Doll Bones


3. Stephanie Perkins
Must reads: Anna and the French Kiss, Lola and the Boy Next Door, Isla and the Happily Ever After


4. Melina Marchetta
Must reads: The Piper's Son (and by extension Saving Francesca), Jellicoe Road


5. Sarah J. Maas
Must reads: The Throne of Glass series


6. Ann M. Martin
Must reads: The Baby-Sitter's Club series (obviously)


7. Rainbow Rowell
Must reads: Eleanor & Park, Fangirl, Attachments


8. Courtney Summers
Must reads: Some Girls Are, Cracked Up to Be


9. Gayle Forman
Must reads: Where She Went (and yeah, If I Stay), I Was Here


10. J.K. Rowling
Must reads: The Harry Potter series (Did I really even have to say this?)


I had a tough time choosing these ladies for sure.  My big criteria was that I had to love everything that I had read by them.  There were a few authors that were so close to making the cut, but I had lukewarm feelings on one of their books so I cut them.  What do you guys think, have any recommendations based on my list?  Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment