November 22, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday (103)


I love Thanksgiving.  We usually have a quiet day at my house, but the food is amazing.  We try to tackle all 9 of the Friends Thanksgiving episodes (we usually fail), we play the states game (fail again), and there's the first White Christmas viewing of the season.  However y'all celebrate, I hope it's a good one!  This week's topic is bookish things I am thankful for.

1. The new Archie (or Hot Archie, as it were.  Though I'm more of a Jughead girl myself).  If you would have told me a year ago that I was going to devour the new Archie comics I would have called you a filthy liar.  I don't really like comics, but I put that aside when Jem and the Holograms came out because, hello, Jem is more important to me than most things.  Then I picked up Archie and I was totally hooked.  It's such a fast read and so fun .  I love seeing how they've updated the characters while still keeping their essence.

2. Bookshelves!  I moved into a new apartment this year and I finally have bookshelves in my room.  I am in love with having shelves where my books and my vinyl pops can cohabitate.

3.The bookish Twitter community, especially after this hellish election.  They really helped me keep my head on straight and continue to as we figure out what we need to do now.

4. Those never-ending Stephanie Plum books.  Honestly, they're not even that good anymore, but I can't stop until she finally ends up with someone.  And by someone, I mean Morelli.

5. My sister, whose book knowledge is out of this world.  I trust her recommendations above any other and am so thankful we share a similar taste.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

2 comments:

  1. I am huge comic fan and I have to say that I love the new Archie series of books. I just finished the first graphic novel and definitely plan to continue. Jem is pretty great too. You have a great blog and have gained a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/11/22/top-ten-tuesday-84/

    ReplyDelete