Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish
This week's topic (in honor of Valentine's Day) is
Top Ten Books that Broke My Heart a Little
which, to me, means ten books that made me sob openly, no matter where I was and who was around.
1. Before I Die - Jenny Downham
2. Tuck Everlasting - Natalie Babbitt
3. Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling
5. If I Stay/Where She Went - Gayle Forman
6. A Walk to Remember - Nicholas Sparks
7. Sweethearts - Sara Zarr
8. Pack Up the Moon - Anna McPartlin
9. Sisterhood Everlasting - Ann Brashares
10. We'll Always Have Summer - Jenny Han
Before I Die is one of the saddest books I've ever read. I went away the morning after the midnight release of Deathly Hallows and wound up crying on the beach. Sweethearts I stayed up half the night to read. A Walk to Remember had the tears flowing in the locker room before gym class my senior year of high school. Four of my ten are lasts in their series. I think this just proves that I can't handle endings.
I can't wait to see what everyone else has picked. Happy Valentine's Day!