February 14, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (5)

 


This week's topic (in honor of Valentine's Day) is 
Top Ten Books that Broke My Heart a Little
which, to me, means ten books that made me sob openly, no matter where I was and who was around.
 

1. Before I Die - Jenny Downham
2. Tuck Everlasting - Natalie Babbitt
3. Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling
5. If I Stay/Where She Went - Gayle Forman
6.  A Walk to Remember - Nicholas Sparks
7. Sweethearts - Sara Zarr
8.  Pack Up the Moon - Anna McPartlin
9. Sisterhood Everlasting - Ann Brashares
10. We'll Always Have Summer - Jenny Han



Before I Die is one of the saddest books I've ever read.  I went away the morning after the midnight release of Deathly Hallows and wound up crying on the beach.  Sweethearts I stayed up half the night to read.  A Walk to Remember had the tears flowing in the locker room before gym class my senior year of high school.  Four of my ten are lasts in their series.  I think this just proves that I can't handle endings.  

I can't wait to see what everyone else has picked.  Happy Valentine's Day!


3 comments:

  1. I thought I was doing well with Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows, right up until the Dumbledore/Kings Cross scene. Then I completely lost it. Love the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!! And I really need to read Sweethearts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also had Gayle Foreman's If I Stay on my list this week. THought about HP7 but there were too many other books to include for me this time around.

      *new follower*

      Delete