September 26, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (20)


Okay, apparently I'm the worst because I forgot to post this yesterday.  I blame lack of sleep and having some sort of semblance of a social life for once.  Oh well, here it is anyway.

This week's topic is
Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished

I think I'm only going to go with five this week.  I don't really like to start series' unless I have the ability and desire to finish them all at once.  If I start them without being able to finish I generally forget what has happened by the time the next book makes it's way to my hands and then I have to reread.


1. The Mortal Instruments - Cassandra Clare

I powered through the first three very enjoyable books in this series, but then I needed to take a break and kind of escape from that world for a bit.  I haven't had the chance to get back to them yet.

2. The Wolves of Mercy Falls - Maggie Steifvater

I loved the first book in this series.  It was a different take on werewolf mythology.  I thought the second book, though, was just a whole lot of set up for the third.  I understand it was necessary, but it also didn't make for a great second installment.  I haven't made my way back to the third book yet, but I hope that it makes the second one worth it.

3. Bumped/Thumped - Megan McCafferty

I wanted to love Bumped.  I love Megan McCafferty's Jess Darling series and I had such high hopes for Bumped, but it just didn't work for me.  I haven't been able to face Thumped yet to see if it makes it any better in my eyes.

4. The Gallagher Girls series - Ally Carter

I meant to read the latest Gallagher Girl book when it came out, but it just slipped through the cracks.  

5. The Embrace series - Jessica Shirvington

I have no excuse here.  I really enjoyed the first book in this series.  I was DYING for the second one.  I got it at BEA and I still haven't read it.  I've been so slacking on my BEA reading, it's not even funny.  I've read exactly one book that I came home with so far.  I need to get to this one asap.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a lot of people haven't finished Mortal Instruments! I'm dying to read that series! It's on my list! And, now I'm interested in the Embrace series!

    ReplyDelete