March 27, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (41)



Title: Nantucket Blue
Author: Leila Howland
Pub Date: 5.7.2013
From goodreads.com: For Cricket Thompson, a summer like this one will change everything. A summer spent on Nantucket with her best friend, Jules Clayton, and the indomitable Clayton family. A summer when she’ll make the almost unattainable Jay Logan hers. A summer to surpass all dreams.
Some of this turns out to be true. Some of it doesn’t. 
When Jules and her family suffer a devastating tragedy that forces the girls apart, Jules becomes a stranger whom Cricket wonders whether she ever really knew. And instead of lying on the beach working on her caramel-colored tan, Cricket is making beds and cleaning bathrooms to support herself in paradise for the summer.
But it’s the things Cricket hadn’t counted on--most of all, falling hard for someone who should be completely off-limits--that turn her dreams into an exhilarating, bittersweet reality.
A beautiful future is within her grasp, and Cricket must find the grace to embrace it. If she does, her life could be the perfect shade of Nantucket blue.

4 comments:

  1. Great pick! I've read and enjoyed this one..I hope you do too!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good read.... I've been reading a few books like this lately. Nice choice!

    Come check out my WoW! @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got this one, but I haven't made it past 5%. It's close to the top of my list of what to focus on next though.

    Check out my WOW.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this one but it sounds really good! Gonna have to add it to my Waiting on list.

    Chelsea @ Rand0m Girl Book Blog

    ReplyDelete