October 14, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (71)


This week's topic is

You know that pretty cheesy saying, books can take you anywhere?  It's kind of true.  A good writer can totally immerse you in the setting and put you right alongside their characters in whatever they're going through.  Here are some of the places my reading has made me want to pilgrimage to outside the page:



Most recently, the stormy island setting of Salt & Storm made me want to seek out a nice rainy day on Cape Cod near the water. 


Open Road Summer made me wish that I had a best friend who was a performer so I could spend the summer hanging out on a tour bus.  (To be honest this has been a dream of mine long before I read Open Road Summer.  Why didn't I surround myself with musical geniuses when I was younger?)


Music City was one of the major settings in Wildflower, and I was lucky enough to read it the week before I left for Nashville.  I am now totally obsessed with Nashville by the way and am counting down until I can go back. 


What reader in their right mind wouldn’t jump to spend some time at Hogwarts?  I would gladly hang out in the Great Hall when it’s decked out for Halloween or Christmas, spend some time in front of the fire in the Gryffindor common room, or watch an intense game of Quidditch from the stands.



Anna and the French Kiss always makes me want to give Paris a second chance.

And then, of course, there's the London of Falling In Love With English Boys, the New York City of The Geography of You and Me and Isla and the Happily Ever After, the Moroi Court in Bloodlines/Vampire Academy, the San Francisco of Lola and the Boy Next Door, the Amsterdam of Just One Day/Just One Year...the destinations are truly endless.   Where have books made you want to go?

2 comments:

  1. You're braver than me! I liked Salt & Storm but that sounded a bit too unfriendly of an island I thought.

    ReplyDelete