April 4, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday (113)


I love things so hard, man, and the internet has made that so much more fun.  This week's topic is a fandom freebie, so I thought I'd talk about the most important fandoms I've been in.

A super dated reference, but the most important show

Buffy
Buffy was the first show that I obsessed about on the internet.  I wouldn't say I was in the fandom per se, but I would go into school early every morning in 8th grade and use the computer in the library to look up Buffy quotes and pictures on these Geocities websites.  And then, the kicker, I would print out the thumbnails of the picture galleries and put them in a binder.  This Buffy binder still lives at my mom and dad's and it's horrible and wonderful and I'll never get rid of it ever.

Yes girl, let him know

Roswell
Roswell was so important to me from the very first episode.  I spent hours in the library (always the library, we didn't have internet at my house for a very long time.  Thanks for nothing parents) looking at edits, fanfic, quotes, and any news that I could get my hands on from Crashdown.com and Fanforum.

Pete Wentz!  This isn't even a gif because I love this picture so much!

One Tree Hill
OTH was a problem for me.  I was in college, it was the first time I had full time access to the internet, and I was wild.  I once dropped a class because OTH moved timeslots.  It was all Fanforum and Live Journal at this point.  I did episode reviews, I made icons, and I started making friends online for the first time, so that was fun.

The moment that ruined my life

One Direction
What a nightmare.  That I'm still living through.  I got into 1D in 2012 and I thought it would be a flash in the pan.  It's 5 years later and I am in just as deep as I was back then, waiting on solo efforts (and baby names, can you even believe???)  The 1D fandom is a little crazy, but I've made some of the best real life friends in it.  There are 775 pages (holy crap!) of the One Direction tag on my tumblr.

Same V, same.

Riverdale
My newest fandom, but god, am I obsessed.  I've talked about the new Archie comics on here before and Riverdale is if that comic had a baby with Veronica Mars.  And Twin Peaks.  And Dawson's Creek.  It's so good you guys.  I love literally all of the characters (and am dying over Bughead!)  My fandom exploits are mostly limited to tumblr these days, so that's where I obsess over all things Riverdale.

Are you guys in any fandoms?

3 comments:

  1. Buffy is on my must watch list, have to say after reading about it so much on the blogs, I have to get to it soon! I love One Tree Hill and One Direction too and I am enjoying Riverdale but I find Archie irritating. Oh my god Bughead! But I heard Jughead is asexual or something so I am preparing myself for the disappointment.
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to start Riverdale. I think I need to jump in!

    ReplyDelete