June 30, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (86)


This week's topic is top ten books I've read in 2015.  I've read so many good books this year!  The awesome thing about blogging is that it makes me more aware of what I'm reading.  With the addition of goodreads I am also more aware of the quality of what I'm reading (that star reviewing is a flawed system, but it's still helpful overall).  I can honestly say that I've seen an upswing in the quality of what I've been reading since I started this blog.  I don't know if that's indicative of me becoming a pickier reader as time goes on or if it's just me seeing the elevation of writing in this genre.  I don't know, but I'm seeing an overwhelming trend of 4 and 5 star reads on my goodreads and that's amazing.  Here are ten of the best that I've read this year so far:


Tonight the Streets Are Ours - Leila Sales

What are the best books that you've read so far this year?

8 comments:

  1. An Ember in the Ashes made my TTT list this week too! I also really like The Wrath and the Dawn (it mostly isn't on my list because I hadn't finished it when I wrote the post). There have been some really wonderful debuts so far this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, I've been finding a ton of great debuts this year!

      Delete
  2. OMG I loved Jellicoe Road SOOOO much! Glad to see you enjoyed it too! I've been pretty iffy on whether I want to read An Ember in the Ashes or not. I've been seeing mixed reviews but the rating is pretty high on GR. Might have to give it a shot! Great list. :)

    Amanda @ i solemnly swear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jellicoe was so good! I put off reading it for so long, but I'm glad I finally picked it up. I would definitely say give Ember a try. I'm really excited for the sequel.

      Delete
  3. I've heard good things about Jellicoe Road I might just have to read it for myself.




    http://mommywantstoread.blogspot.com/2015/06/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-ive-read.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes do it! Jellicoe was amazing, I can't recommend it enough. Just know that you'll have no idea what's going on in the beginning, but it's supposed to be that way.

      Delete
  4. I just bought The Sacred lies of Minnow Bly and I'm so excited to read it! I've heard nothing but wonderful things and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much too!

    Also. Saint Anything. Yes, just yes. That one made my list, too. I love anything Dessen.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy Minnow! I loved it (clearly, it made the list lol). I was kind of down on Dessen books before I read Saint Anything. Like, I hadn't read anything by her in a while and wasn't excited to either, but SA totally changed that. I'm really excited to pick up some of her backlist titles that I've missed over the years!

      Delete