June 11, 2012

In My Mailbox: BEA edition!

In my Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren

Warning: this is going to be a giant post.  I went to BEA last week and had the best time ever.  I love being surrounded by book people.  I met some awesome authors and bloggers and got a crap ton of books.  I had my sister as a guide and no idea what I was getting into.  It was really an overwhelming experience, but I loved it and I can't wait to go back next year!  So, I'm going to break down this IMM by day.

Day One (Tuesday):

City's Son - Tom Pollock (signed!)
The Spindlers - Lauren Oliver (signed!)
Level 2 - Lenore Appelhans(signed!)
Between Shades of Gray - Ruta Sepetys (signed!)
Out of the Easy - Ruta Sepetys
Black City - Elizabeth Richards
Time Between Us - Tamara Ireland Stone
The Diviners - Libba Bray
Partials - Dan Wells (signed!)
Sun of Apollo - Darab Lawyer
The Darkest Minds - Alexandra Bracken
Confessions of a Murder Suspect - James Patterson
When It Happens To You - Molly Ringwald (signed!)
Feedback - Robison Wells
Glass Heart - Amy Garvey
Because It Is My Blood - Gabrielle Zevin (signed!)
Beta - Rachel Cohn
What's Left of Me - Kat Zhang (signed!)
Rules of Civility - Amor Towles (signed!)
Jepp Who Defied the Stars - Katherine Marsh

The brown case is a Lemony Snickett thing they gave away.  It has an advance chapter of the next book, a calendar, some soap, a pen...very awesome stuff.


Day Two (Wednesday):

The Fault in Our Stars - John Green
Princess Academy, Palace of Stone - Shannon Hale
The Butterfly Clues - Kate Ellison (signed!)
The Future We Left Behind - Mike A. Lancaster
The Demon Catchers of Milan - Kat Beyer
Chanel Bonfire - Wendy Lawless
I Funny - James Patterson
The Immortal Rules - Julie Kagawa (signed!)
Shadows - Ilsa J. Bick
Beta - Rachel Cohn (signed!)
Lone Bean - Chudney Ross (signed!)
A Mutiny in Time - James Dashner (signed!)
The Diviners - Libba Bray (signed!)
Every Day - David Levithan
Throne of Glass - Sarah Maas (signed!)
The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern (signed!)
For Darkness Shows the Stars - Diana Peterfreund (signed!)


Falling Kingdoms - Morgan Rhodes
Bootlicker - Steve Piacente (signed!)
In a Glass Grimmly - Adam Gidwitz
The Name of the Star - Maureen Johnson (signed!)
The Daughter of Smoke and Bone (with a Days of Blood and Starlight preview!)- Laini Taylor
Altered - Jennifer Rush
Fathomless - Jackson Pierce


The Land of Stories - Chris Colfer

Day Three (Thursday):

Gold - Chris Cleave
Every Day - David Levithan (signed!)
Starry River of the Sky - Grace Lin
Soho Teen Spring 2012 Sampler
Nothing Special - Geoff Herbach
34 Pieces of Us - Carmen Rodriguez (signed!)
The Theory of Everything - J.J. Johnson (signed!)
Burn for Burn - Sioban Vivian & Jenny Han (signed!)
Ferocity Summer - Alissa Grasso (signed!)
The Darkest Minds - Alexandra Bracken (signed!)
Entice - Jessica Shirvington
Skylark - Meagan Spooner (signed!)
Fathomless - Jackson Pierce (signed!)
Code Name Verity - Elizabeth Wein
The Hollow City - Dan Wells
The Curiosities - Maggie Steifvater, Tessa Gratton, and Brenna Yovanoff (signed!)

So, yeah, I had a busy week.  Oh!  And then only one day after Book Expo what do I get in the mail but ANOTHER BOOK!

Seraphina - Rachel Hartman

I really have to thank all the publishers and everyone involved in Book Expo for such a great time and all these great books that I got last week.


5 comments:

  1. Wow! One year I'll make it to BEA. Hope you enjoy all those AHMAZING books you got! :) Check out what's IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a crazy haul! so many wonderful books. Can't wait to see your reviews! My IMM http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/06/mailbox-monday-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a TON of books! I hope you'll have time to read LEVEL 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely make time to read Level 2, it sounds really awesome! You actually gave my sister and I the tip on how to find it, so thanks again!

      Delete