Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This week's topic:
Top Ten Books I'd Recommend As Good Beach Reads
I am Captain I Take the Wrong Books to the Beach. I read Deathly Hallows at the beach for the first time and I sobbed into the sand. (In my defense, my friends planned a shore weekend when DH came out and I had to read it. I'm pretty sure I ignored them a whole lot that weekend.) I think the problem is that I take whatever I'm in the middle of with me rather than go for overall feeling. Oh well, here goes nothing...
1. Rites of Spring (Break) - Diana Peterfreund
(Note - This is the third in a series, so start at the beginning. Hell, bring all of them with you. Secret Society Girl, Under the Rose, and Tap & Gown. You won't regret it!)
2. Wanderlove - Kristin Hubbard
This just has such a great summer-y I'll-go-where-ever-my-life-takes-me spirit.
3. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson
4. The Summer I Turned Pretty - Jenny Han
5. Playing Hurt - Holly Schindler
Hot boy at a resort!
6. Sometimes It Happens - Lauren Barnholdt
This one bounces back and forth between the first day of school and the summer before it.
7. Two Way Street - Lauren Barnholdt
Road trip! With an ex-boyfriend!
8. Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) - Sarah Mylnowski
This isn't technically a summer book, but the no parents situation and poor decision making reminds me of summer.
9. Along For the Ride - Sarah Dessen
Beachy town! Hot boy!
10. The Disenchantments - Nina LaCour
Road trip! Rock band! Feeeeeeelings!
It turns out that beach reads to me are summer themed. And contemporary. Hope you enjoyed them and I can't wait to see everyone else's lists!